This policy is applicable to AVR bvba. We respect the privacy of visitors to this website. This policy describes which of your personal data we process and for which reasons as the relationship with our customers is important to us. Like many other companies, our website also uses technology (such as cookies) to collect information enabling us to improve your online experience. The cookies we use allow us to operate our website and show us which information and ads our visitors appreciate the most.
- What are cookies?
- What information do we collect and why?
- Which type of cookies do we use?
- How long are cookies stored on your device?
- How do cookies have to be managed?
- What happens when you refuse all cookies?
- How can you contact us?
What are cookies?
A cookie is a text file with information that is downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are useful because they enable websites to recognise user devices. Every time you visit the site, the cookies are sent to the website of origin and all other websites that recognise the cookie. For more information about cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
When we refer to cookies in this policy, this covers all devices including web beacons and log files.
Log files are web server files (such as the domain name or the IP address, URLs, the http response code, the website from where you are visiting and/or the date and duration of your visit) which are automatically created when Internet users visit a website.
Certain pages on our website contain 'web beacons' (also referred to as internet tags, pixel tags and 'clear GIFs'). A web beacon is an electronic file which usually comprises one image of one pixel. It can be put on a webpage or inserted in an e-mail to send information. The web beacon can contain private data such as the IP address of the computer used to download the page with the beacon, the URL of the page with the beacon, how long the page with the beacon was viewed, the type of browser that was used to view the page and the information in cookies sent by third parties.
What information do we collect and why?
Examples of the type of information we collect via cookies include:
- how many users visit the website, how often is the site visited, which pages on the site are visited, how do people on the site click through to other sites and the total amount of time spent on the website.
- the website that was visited prior to our website.
- whether you have already visited our website or you are a new visitor.
- your purchases and orders, and
- your user name, password, browser type and IP address, which allows us to recognise you when you visit us again.
Attention: we do not collect your name or e-mail address via cookies.
Cookies can also help us with the following:
- to customise your visit to your wishes: we are able to use information about your visit to improve your next visit to our site.
- update the ads and marketing messages you receive from us or third parties on this site. For instance, website functions you might be interested in and product recommendations. Our objective is to offer you what you are looking for quickly and easily, as well as
- view customer trends: we compile information from the visits of thousands of visitors, and analyse this body information in its entirety. This kind of research is aimed at identifying trends among the many visitors to our site and not so much the analysis of information of separate visitors.
Which type of cookies do we use?
When you visit our website for the first time, the following categories of cookies can be stored on your device:
We install these cookies. For the most part they are strictly necessary to allow you to browse the website and to use its functions.
- Strictly necessary cookies: we install these cookies. These cookies allow you to use the website and particular functions you requested, such as saving language preferences or the possibility to place orders on the website.
- Analytical cookies: we install these cookies to collect statistical information (added up and anonymous) about the use of the website by you and other visitors. This information allows us to improve the website's functionality.
- Strictly necessary cookies – Thanks to these cookies you benefit from useful services and functions.
- Advertising cookies for online behaviour – These cookies collect information about your browser behaviour and preferences for products and services. This information allows us and the advertising networks we work with to place relevant ads in the most obvious locations on partner websites and on our own website. For instance, third parties or affiliated companies can put banner advertising programs on a website that is not ours.
How long are cookies stored on your device?
How long cookies can be stored on your device varies, but can generally be divided into two categories: temporary or persistent.
On all our secure pages we use temporary session cookies to assign a session ID and to store it to allow you to visit the different parts of our website without interruption. The session ID is also used for internal reporting purposes. You cannot be identified based on the information and this type of cookie does not leave any information on your hard disk that can be retrieved. Most of our own cookies are session cookies which expire as soon as you close your internet browser.
Our own analysis cookies and cookies of third parties are persistent cookies because we use them to detect long-term visitor patterns or to offer extra functions you requested relating to website updates and saved or stored content. They can be stored on your computer for a period of 24 hours, a week or even a number of years, depending on the function they support.
How do cookies have to be managed?
We only store cookies on your device if you have given us permission to do so. Attention: we do need a series of cookies to remember your choices when you visit the website again from the same browser.
Currently it is technically not possible to copy your settings to another browser or other devices (e.g. your computer or smartphone). In other words, you need to change these settings on all the browsers/devices you use. These preferences must be set every time you use a new browser or new device.
Strictly necessary cookies
We install these cookies. These cookies allow you to use the website and specific functions you requested, such as saving language preferences or the possibility to place orders on the website.
We install these cookies to collect statistical information (added up and anonymous) on the use of the website. This information allows us to improve the website's functionality.
Strictly necessary cookies of third parties
These cookies allow you to benefit from useful services and functions offered by partners.
Advertising cookies for online behaviour
These cookies are used by us or our advertising partners to collect information about your browser behaviour and preferences for products and services. These data allow us and our partners to place relevant ads on partner websites and on our own website.
Apart from this you are free to manage your cookies via your web browser. You can set your browser to receive a message when you receive a cookie, so that you can determine yourself whether you want to accept the cookie. The cookie cannot read information on your hard disk and you can remove the cookie at any time.
What happens when you refuse all cookies?
You can still use some parts of our website. But if you switch off cookies, a number of useful functions will no longer be available. For instance, you will not be able to share the pages with your social network.
Changes to the policy
This policy can be amended periodically. All the changes are published on this website. This policy specifically applies to actions we carry out and applies to information you send online and via other channels. This policy is published here for your convenience and is not meant to be a binding obligation. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
How can you contact us?