When planting potatoes, the main advantage of a trailed machine besides the weight distribution is the fact that the user can also combine the machine with tilling equipment, such as the specially designed AVR GE-Force C ridge cultivator, the basic AVR GE-Force and with other brands.
Your tractor also needs less lifting power!
AVR Ceres 450
The Ceres 450 is a 4-row trailed potato planter with a hopper capacity of up to 3,500 kg (4x75 cm) or 4,000 kg (4x90 cm).
Each individual potato row assembly can be disconnected manually (electrical also available as an option).
The total wheel movement from left to right is 30° (+15°, -15°). The clever mechanical design ensures that the rotation axis always remains vertical, and that the wheels constantly remain in contact with the ground.
Culti Control Option
The Culti Control is a useful option. It ensures that the GE-Force C always maintains a constant cultivation depth, enabling the user to avoid double passes. The potato planting depth is always set independently.
Straight or round-sided ridges
To obtain a good ridge, it is vital to not only select the correct ridging hood, but also to set it correctly. The 4x75 version is therefore equipped with a narrow top ridging hood with round sides or a wide top hood (wear plates with special coating made from Boron 27) with straight sides. The 4x90 version is equipped with a wide top ridging hood (also made from Boron 27 wear plates) and straight sides.
The ridging hood is operated as standard by means of an automatic pressure control. The accumulator in the hydraulic circuit ensures that the hood is always kept under constant pressure. The user can also opt for the well-known PDC system (Proportionally Distance Controlled). This system uses two ultrasound sensors to measure the amount of soil in the hood. Based upon this input, the pressure on the hood is adjusted in order to maintain even ridging.
- Very robust machine.
- Fertilizer unit always available (capacity of 1.8 m³ (4-row).
- Soil opener available in heavy duty version.
- Adjustable planting element for larger seed potatoes.
- Bunker capacity of 3.5 tons (4x75).
|Number of rows||4|
|Bunker capacity (kg)||3.500 (4x75) or 4.000 (4x90)|
|Inter row distance (cm)||75/80/85/90|
|Plant protect options||Granular applicator - Powdering units - Spray kit|
Ceres 450, hydraulical drive
- 4 Wheels 300/70R20
- Hydraulic braked axles + handbrake
- Steered axles (+/- 15 °) - left / right connected with tie rod
- Drawbar hydraulic up / down - mechanical adjustment
- Hydraulic jack foot under drawbar
- Towing eye 50mm (2 positions)
- Machine hydraulically up / down (wheels)
- Hydraulic drive planting element (1 hydromotor)
- 4 Planting elements with large driving drum (Ø 270mm), small pulley (Ø 60mm), for precise planting at high speed
- 40 Cups in each planting element (2 x 20) (Ø 30-60mm)
- Movable floor, driven by planting element, 2 settings (can be disconnected per row)
- Electric agitator on the cup belts, adjustable from the cab
- Detection empty cups + hectare counter
- Mechanical disconnection by single planting element
- Parallelogram with fixed furrow openers, with 2 depth wheels
- Width adjustable smooth covering discs, with scrapers, spring loaded (Ø 450mm)
- Hydraulic hopper, capacity 3500 kg
- Intuitive touchscreen for operation and joystick
- Road lights + red and white striped plates
Ceres 450 hydraulical drive
- Swan neck drawbar i.o std (mechanical jack)
- Preparation for combination with GE Force C: drawbar with PTO
- Valve block for control: full field plate / hydraulic hood cleaning / Cultiset
- Ball coupling 80 mm instead of std.
- Single track erasers with stone protection
- Double track erasers with stone protection
- Scalloped covering discs Ø 450mm instead of standard
- Wear parts in front of furrow openers
- Cups Ø 40-80mm instead of 30-60mm
- Insert cups Ø 30-60mm for cups 40-80mm
- Insert cups Ø 25-40mm for cups 30-60mm
- 4 Additional cup belts Ø 40-80mm
- 4 Additional cup belts Ø 30-60mm
Drive + hopper
- Electric disconnection element for planting element on row 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
- Automatic hopper with 1 ultrasonic sensor
- Extension plates for bunker (easier to fill) (4x75) (widening to 2m85)
- Ridging hood with 3 sub soiling tines, 2 deflector tines right and left, High Speed parts spherical or straight (top 17,5cm), track erasers. Hydraulic pressure control with accumulator (and pressure gauge)
- Ridging hood with 3 sub soiling tines, 2 deflector tines right and left, High Speed parts straight (top 22,5cm), track erasers. Hydraulic pressure control with accumulator (and pressure gauge)
- Ridging ploughs, suspended in parallelogram, hydraulic pressure control, mechanical adjustable in depth and width
- Lattice rollers (not without ridging ploughs)
- PDC, Proportional Distance Control: automatic ridging hood/ridging ploughs control with 2 ultrasonic sensors
- Hydraulic spray track tracer on ridging hood/ridging ploughs-lattice rollers
- 9.0" TFT screen (up to 4 cameras)
- Color camera with integrated LEDs for pure image, (per piece)
- LED work lights: 2 pieces
- Stabilising discs left and right from the machine for slope stabilising, hydraulically adjustable in height, spring mounted
- CultiControl: angle sensor on drawbar and on full field plate GE-Force C in order to maintain the working depth
- Hydraulic markers with discs
Crop protection / fertiliser
- Granular applicator (touch screen controlled)
- Powdering units with electrical drive
- Motor for granular applicator + speed dependent flow rate (mounting of other granular or fertiliser applicator)
- Spray kit device: 2 tanks of 300 L, quick hitch, pump, filter. Touch screen controlled: electric main valve on/off, four electrical sections on/off, pressure. Flow rate speed dependent.
- Spray ready kit: 3 nozzles per row, hoses to the front of the potato planter
- Spray ready kit: 2 nozzles per row, hoses to the front of the potato planter
- Actuation peristaltic pump: flow rate speed dependent.
- Actuation peristaltic pump 2: flow rate speed dependent.
- GPS preparation in order to work with the GPS signal: controller and wiring harness. Control of electrical disconnection row 1,2,3,4: planting element, electric agitation system and spray nozzles, spray track (if options fitted). Please get in touch with your GPS supplier in order to see if you need any additional GPS module, section control not standard on GPS system!
Anti erosion system
Anti erosion system (fitted on ridging hood)
- Hydraulic system consisting of 5 up and down moving paddles
- Speed adjustable in Ceres touchscreen
- Spring crumble tines in ridging hood
- Frame adjustable in height
- Hydraulic folding frame when not in use. Hydraulic shock absorber